In a recent interview with IIFL, Prashant Jhaveri, Head Products and Strategy, Medi Assist, spoke about how the future of healthcare is being redefined with the use of technology and the role of Medi Assist in making this possible. Here is an excerpt on what he had to share.
“Our award-winning technology platform, MediBuddy, provides a range of tools that empower every stakeholder in the healthcare ecosystem. The MediBuddy portal and mobile app help members access and manage their healthcare needs online, in real-time and on the go.
Hospitals use our MediBuddy+ portal to manage all cashless claims, from origination to settlement, online and in real-time. MediBuddy+ also allows medical centres to manage the booking and scheduling of wellness services, such as health checks, online.
The MIS reporting and analytics capabilities of MediBuddy allow decision makers to make informed choices and effectively manage their healthcare portfolio.”
To read the complete interview, click here.
Getting hospitalized? Or any of your dependents getting admitted to the hospital? Then carrying a Medi Assist e-card is absolutely mandatory. It identifies that you and your dependents are insured under a health insurance policy and Medi Assist has been assigned as your third party administrator (TPA).
But carrying a physical card has its limitations. A physical card identifies only one person in the family. Also, the family member getting admitted to the hospital may forget to carry the physical card with them during the time of admission. Moreover, why even carry a physical card with you when you can carry an e-card?
Your Medi Assist e-card allows you to carry the details of all your policy’s beneficiaries on your smartphone. All you have to do is to show your e-card on the MediBuddy app when requested at the insurance desk at the time of admission. Watch the video to know how you can do this.
You know that maintaining your health records such as doctor’s prescriptions, health screen reports, scans and test reports, and hospital discharge summaries is extremely important for your future reference. So, you put all your records in a file and put it away in a safe place.
But there are several drawbacks associated with this. One drawback is that you need to be highly organized without which, you may misplace a record or file. This means, the next time you want to retrieve it, you may not be able to find it. Another problem is that physical records and files deteriorate over time. All these may prove costly in critical times. And then, there is the problem of carrying these bulky records with you every time you need to visit a doctor or a lab for a scan.
You can now say goodbye to these problems. MediBuddy, your health buddy, helps you maintain all your health records at one safe and secure place. Not only this, but you can access these records anytime, anywhere and never lose them again.
Here is how it works
• Go to your MediBuddy online portal, click on the ‘Records’ tile and sign into your account.
• Upload all the records onto the secured digital repository. In order to scan the documents, simply take a picture of them.
• Whenever you need to view or download any of these records, sign in or just enter your details to access them through the MediBuddy portal or app.
So, switch to a secure and efficient way of storing your health records and accessing them anytime, from anywhere. Watch the video know how simple storing and retrieving records is with
At Medi Assist, we constantly work towards enhancing the user experience for our customers and healthcare partners. Keeping this in mind, a few months ago, we gave you insurance agents a whole new transformed MediBuddy portal with improved features.
We have now gone one step further to make life easier for you. Till now, you have maintained the data of your customer policies handled by Medi Assist on the MediBuddy agent portal while maintaining data of non-Medi Assist customers on other data management platforms. We have now made it possible for you to maintain the details of all your customers and their policies on the agent portal. And this includes policies that are not administered by Medi Assist. This means that you no longer need to use multiple data management tools to maintain your customer data.
What’s more? You can also set reminders to stay updated about the upcoming policy renewals of your customers.
Our improved agent portal also enables you to:
- Create your own preferred login to access your MediBuddy’s features.
- Gain visibility into your customers and their policies
- Get real-time status of your customers’ claims.
- Instantly download e-cards for any of your customers anytime from anywhere, and
- Use our map-based search to locate a preferred network hospital in your vicinity or filter network hospitals by insurers.
So, what are you waiting for? Log into your MediBuddy portal today and start maintaining all your customer records on one platform, specifically designed for you!
Medi Assist is the proud recipient of CIO100 award for the year 2016, often referred to as the ‘Oscar of the IT industry’ under the category ‘Information Mastermind’. This is recognition of MediBuddy as a revolutionary technology platform that revolutionizes the health insurance industry. The award was received by Himanshu Rastogi, CIO – Medi Assist.
Here is an excerpt from our project submission to CIO awards:
“MediBuddy is a revolutionary technology platform that transforms the health insurance industry at the very core. MediBuddy, with its diverse offerings for various stakeholders of the health benefits industry, makes the process of discovering, accessing, utilizing and monitoring health benefits seamless, real-time and virtually paperless. Here are some notable features of MediBuddy:
- Members can sign-up for MediBuddy with a username / password of their own choice. They can then access, raise, manage and track their claims in real-time using both the MediBuddy portal as well as the mobile app.
- Members can opt for eCashless on MediBuddy to obtain a provisional preauthorization from the comfort of their homes using their mobile app. Not only does eCashless eliminate all wait time and anxiety at the time of hospitalization, it also gives members full visibility into their cost of care and out-of-pocket expenses so members can plan all aspects of their hospitalization better.
- Particularly useful in the case of emergency hospitalization, members can use the GPS-enabled network hospital search to locate hospitals within their insurer network in their vicinity.
- Hospitals can use the MediBuddy platform to manage all cashless claims, from origination to settlement, online and in real-time. No more illegible faxes or emails; patients can now get their preauthorization much faster.
- With the ability to raise claims online and save all documents in digital format, MediBuddy makes the entire lifecycle of health benefits virtually paperless by saving all records on the cloud. Members can access records anytime, anywhere, and on-the-go – and forever.”
Medi Assist Group has got listed on CIO Review India as one of the top ‘20 most promising medical technology solution providers 2016′ – an excellent validation of our technology platform, MediBuddy.
The September issue of the magazine carries a detailed article on how MediBuddy platform caters to our customers as well as various stakeholders. For example, the MediBuddy portal and app, our tech-based self-help tools help our customers avail cashless hospitalization, raise claims effortlessly and enjoy a host of other features designed exclusively to make healthcare actionable. The MediBuddy+ portal helps healthcare providers manage healthcare benefits from their end.
The article also talks about how Medi Assist plans to enable the MediBuddy platform to morph into a one-stop gateway for all healthcare needs of an individual.
Click the following link to read the complete article on Page 32 of the magazine